“A concentrated mind is the secret of success in the realization of Truth.”—Lester Levenson
Are You Unhappy—Ever?
- The typical human life is spent in trying to fix, control, or change one’s outer experience and relationships, in order to get relief from unnatural inner pressures called emotions.
- That’s how most people try to achieve happiness, and prevent unhappiness.
- This strategy is the cause of chronic negative thinking.
- Just contemplate: What feeling(s) are you constantly thinking about? How to prevent (shame, guilt, fear, etc.) or how to forcibly increase (pride, expansion, safety, security, love).
- So long as we perpetuate this strategy—chronic negative thinking, to control feelings, we sooner or later feel as if our life is a living death, and sometimes even wish for death.
- Swifter intelligence is to swiftly recognize: “I suffer because I think endless thoughts; and I think endless thoughts in order to solve or control feelings.”
- After swifter recognition, choose the intelligent way to lasting happiness: cut through thinking, face the negative energies that energize thoughts and let the energy “run out”.
- Drained of energy, thousands of thoughts that were being maintained by the emotional energy, collapse. Ah, a quiet mind!
- The cutting-through way to end involvement with negative energies is EIQ—emotional intelligence on steroids.
- The cutting-through way is a decision, to withdraw attention, interest and involvement with emotional energies that cause all human suffering: ego, me-feelings that engender thousands of me-thoughts.
This is The How
- After 20 years of full-time spiritual quest and $122k spent on workshops, retreats, travel, tuition and trainings, I experienced suicidal depression.
- 20 years of studying and applying techniques to end psychological suffering (unhappiness) without much progress.
- When I found it unbearable to go on, my most respected spiritual teacher said,
“There is a cloud over you, I can feel the strong pull to go into your feelings. You need help. You need to be reminded not just weekly but daily… daily to be with someone who reminds you of this truth. Don’t brood. Instead, find an activity; you need to loosen your body from the feelings. I know the peace of your true nature is within you, I can see it. at times in our conversation, it shines, and you smile.”
- I did find that help. Suicidal depression vanished, replaced by lightness and joy of Being!
- And, through this experience, I learned to help myself and support others who sincerely want to end ego identification and gain experiential, lasting happiness: a beautiful life!
- If that is you, I welcome you to join us for the next 30-day Swifter Intelligence on-line course.
- Just show up.
- You don’t need to prepare.
- Bring any issue(s) that you believe and feel block you from enjoying lasting happiness.
- Open to anyone who has a foundational practice in meditation, self-inquiry or contemplative practices. Special offer: qualified Swifter graduates are standing by for free or low-cost introductory sessions in EIQ. Contact me for a list of names.
- Meetings are on Zoom and video is mandatory. Meetings with your partners are also video-mandatory.
DATE: August 1–30th, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. PT Daily (1.5 hours)
–All class meetings recorded and available within 24 hours; Membership in a private FB page.
–Comprehensive and unique Course materials
–Inspiring in-class movie clip viewings and engaging discussion
–Daily 911 support from your fellow classmates and skilled Swifter graduates in the elite Swifter 911 community. [Short, regular support for times when you are weathering an emotional storm.]
–Maximum class size, register early to ensure your space